Tuesday 22 June 2010

sex talk












So here I am on the verge of editing a series of conversations on the subject of sex.

A great moment, to have so much candour on tape (well... digitally etched in 0's and 1's anyway)...

Now my job is to faithfully represent those who said yes.

So...

To the man who at the age of 42 decided to have penetrative sex for the first time - and revealed to me that what he truly craved was intimacy...

To the woman who realised as we spoke that what she wanted from a man when she was younger was for him to button up her blouse...

To the man who's had plenty of sex, with plenty of women and who's now (and only now) discovering the eroticism of commitment...

To the woman who was raped at 14 and who found in our conversation the courage to say she doesn't regret it, because she likes who she is now...

And to the man who switched sides, discovered how much he loves men and was honest enough to say that he preferred being inside a woman because it felt more natural...

To the woman who went to college and decided not to have sex...

And to the woman who said yes to me today, without really knowing what she's saying yes to yet...

Thank you.

I'll do my best to edit you well.

And with your blessing, I look forward to sharing with others some of the trust and honesty you've shared with me.

3...

2...

1...

No comments:

Post a Comment